Optimise your ad revenue and make the most of your growing audience with Ooyala Video Adverstising Products. Ooyala’s ad management and programmatic trading tools are designed specifically to help broadcasters and publishers run their video ad businesses.
Revised and updated Ooyala Pulse User Guide
In the new user guide, we revised the structure and coherence of the information. The new guide helps new customers to quickly find their way through the Ooyala Pulse user interface, and start setting up campaigns, goals, ads, targeting rules, and so on, in a minimum amount of time. The new structuring allows our routined customers to find information back quickly. Where appropriate, we have also incorporated a number of our knowledge base articles into the user guide and added any missing information.
New Planner with Improved Forecasting
The planner enables you to simulate inventory and campaign delivery. The planner runs inventory forecasts, which are predictions of future conditions based on past and present data.
Now, with the new planner, you can:
- simulate inventory separately from campaign simulations.
- have multiple simulations.
- create new simulations based on the parameters of an older simulation in the list.
The new planner also uses a new forecasting engine, which employs a simulation based forecasting approach, as opposed to a calculation or mathematical model based approach. This means that the forecasting engine simulates ad delivery by fast-forwarding the same ad decisioning engine, which will later deliver the ads, through a future inventory based on historical user data. The result is more realistic and accurate than a traditional calculation or mathematical model based approach.
New higher level SDKs, called Pulse SDKs
- ad tracking,
- error handling,
- passbacks for 3rd party ads,
- and prompting the video player to play ads.
- Android, to integrate in your native Android application.
- iOS, to integrate in your native iOS application.
- tvOS, to integrate in your native tvOS application.
- HTML5, to integrate in your web based player, which can run on any platform through a web browser.
Version 2 available for all core SDKs
- Passbacks: When a requested ad is not available for some reason, and the ad has passbacks enabled in Pulse, another ad can be loaded. Implementing passbacks guarantees ads are shown, especially for 3rd party ads, where we cannot guarantee in advance that they are both available and in the correct format.
- Session Information: Previously, you had to request ads at the time you wanted to show ads. Now, we have a session object where you request all ads at once. This feature enables session level clash protection, where you have specified that only one ad from a group of mutually exclusive ads is ever shown in one session or ad break. Session information also enables ad sequencing, where you have specified that one ad can only be shown if another ad has already been shown within the same session.
- HTML5: for your web based players, which can run on any platform through a web browser.
- Android: for your native Android application.
- iOS: for your native iOS application.
- tvOS: for your native tvOS application.
- User Guides for Ooyala Pulse and Ooyala Pulse SSP administrators, ad operations, traffic managers and sales and product managers:
- Developer Guides for developing and validating integrations between your player and Ooyala Pulse for ad serving:
- Developer Guides for accessing and handling data in Ooyala Pulse:
If you are looking for primers on using Ooyala's Video Advertising Products, we have a number of video tutorials with tips, tricks and how-tos. View the video tutorials at Ooyala Training Videos.